- HOW TO ORDER FROM US[+]
1. Choose The Product(s) You Want Welcome to Dog's Life! If you see any product(s) that you like, please write down its code (or name), colour (if applicable), size (if applicable), quantity as well as your postal address, email those information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't call the office to order, we only take orders through email.
2. Order Confirmation You will receive an order confirmation through email , with the total amount due as well as our banking detail if we have it in stock.
3. Make The Payment Please make payment through bank transfer or deposit. Put in your name as reference (e.g. Joe Blog). Please send proof of payment to email@example.com or fax it through to 011 312 9835.
- DO YOU DELIVER TO OTHER COUNTRY OR OVERSEAS?[+]We will happily deliver to any international destination. An additional R200 international shipping fee will be applied to all packages with a shipping destination outside of South Africa. If any other delivery charges need to be added, we will contact you after your order is placed. This will depend on the merchandise ordered. Larger items such as beds and pet carriers may have an additional shipping charge. Most international orders we sent are via Postnet / DHL, and will usually arrive within our standard two week delivery time, but may take additional time for delivery. We thank you for your patience.
We are sorry but we cannot be responsible for the loss or damage of packages once they are shipped to an international destination. Customers are responsible for any customs charges, which are assessed by each individual country at the time of delivery. Our apologies, but we cannot estimate your country's customs charges. When ordering from outside of South Africa, please be sure all address information on your order is complete and correct.
- WHY AM I BEING CHARGED A DELIVERY FEE?[+]Unfortunately, we are a small company. We cannot offer complimentary delivery charge for orders under R800. Delivery charges in South Africa is high. So rather than raising our price for free delivery, we have tried to keep our prices as well as the delivery charges at a minimum.
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE[+]When purchasing dog clothing and accessories from us, we highly recommend that you first refer to the illustration below. This will help you determine how to measure your dog, especially if you are a mommy or daddy, new to pampering your pooch.
This illustration will show you how to accurately measure for a back length, neck and girth measurement. Because every dog is different, in term of its size and weight, even though they may be the same breed, so, it is not recommended to determine size based entirely on your dog's breed, weight or previous purchases you may have made. In addition to that, many designers cut and design their clothing and accessories on an individual basis. So it is best to base your purchasing decision on actual measurement of your dog.
As a general rule of thumb for selecting dog clothing sizes, the most important measurement is the back length. Just keep in mind that when selecting a dress, outfit, coat, etc... This length is usually designed to be close to the base of your dog's tail. Shirts, sweaters, tees, etc... are usually designed to be 5cm to 10cm above the tail, but please refer to any additional information that is contained in the product description to help you determine the best size for your dog. If length and weight measurements are both given, please take into account the length measurement first.
If your dog's measurements fall in between two sizes, we suggest ordering the next larger size. In most descriptions, these lengths represent the size of the dog and do not reflect the actual length of the garment.
Note: Most of our clothing will fit most breeds under 11 kg, however, if you are the owner of a dachshund, corgi, or any other breed that is generally longer in length, you may want contact us for additional assistance in sizing.
Measure around the neck as you would for a collar. Allow some room for a comfortable fit.
Measure the chest at its widest point, all the way around, which is typically right behind the front legs. If the dog has a large girth, going up a size is recommended.
Measure along the dog's backbone from the base of the neck to the base of the tail. This is where the collar rests to where the tail meets the back/rear-end.
TIP: Use a fabric or cloth measuring tape when determining your dog's measurements. (These can be purchased at your local craft or hobby store.) Should you not have one, use a piece of yarn or string and measure it up against a ruler.
Should you need additional assistance with sizing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at (011) 312 9982.
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE SIZE I BOUGHT DOES NOT FIT MY DOG?[+]Contact us immediately. We will happily exchange a different size for you if the merchandise is too big or too small. However, you will be charged for transportation or delivery, both ways. Please don't hesitate to ask questions about sizes. We know it is difficult to choose sizes and we are happy to help. Dog's Life will not be responsible for wrong size ordered
- DO YOU HAVE ANY LARGER SIZES FOR BIGGER DOGS?[+]Yes we do, however, only a few designs that comes in sizes for bigger dogs at the moment, that is from 3XL to 6XL, up to sizes for Great Dane.
Most of our garment range will fit up to the size XXL, which is for dogs such as Miniature Schnauzers, Pugs or Scottish Terriers.
- DO YOU CUSTOM MAKE ORDERS?[+]Unfortunately, we do not custom make / tailor make product at the moment.
All of our designs are planned and designed 6 to 8 months ahead of time. We plan the material we are going to use, the design and features, the prints and embroidery, and lastly how are we going to run our production so it's efficient enough to keep cost of sale as low as possible. So we are spending a lot of time and resources on the designing of the garments. We simply do not have the resources to make a single, 'one off' product' as there is too much cost involve.
- CAN YOU DO ALTERATIONS ON CURRENT PRODUCTS?[+]Unfortunately, we can not do that either. We simply do not have the resource to do so. We are happy to exchange sizes for you, but unfortunately if you need to alter the current product, it is not possible at the moment.
The good news is most of our new range of clothing we have spent a great amount of time and resources trying to find the perfect fit. We have done it to as close to it as we can. We are currently investigating on the perfect fit in the bigger sizes (3XL and up) so hopefully no more alteration is needed in the future.
- DO YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL STORE[+]We only have 1 store in the whole country, that is our flagship barrow in the V&A Waterfront. It is how we started our business, and we have kept it running ever since.
- CAN I COME COLLECT AT YOUR WAREHOUSE?[+]We are really sorry, but unfortunately our warehouse is not open to the public. If you want to order from us, and you do not want to be charged a delivery fee, and you happen to be in Gauteng, Western Cape, Eastern Cape or Durban then we are sure we can find a stockist that is closest to you. We will gladly deliver the item you want to your nearest stockist for you, free of charge!
- ARE THE WATERPROOF BEDS 100% WATERPROOF?[+]We’ve given them some serious testing, you can happily hose it down by the waterproof material section, wipe it clean or let your wet pet roll all over it. We wouldn’t recommend you submerge it in water, or leave it out in heavy rain though. As with anything that is stitched, water can penetrate the tiny holes where the needle has made the hole in the fabric.
- IS OUR BED CHEW PROOF OR INDESTRUCTIBLE?[+]The 300D AND 600D Polyester covers are tough, it’s important to understand that no bed is indestructible and some pets are more destructive than others. We’ve done as much homework as we could to produce a tough bed that is also comfortable. Although we offer a warranty on our products, it only covers issues that are the fault of the manufacturer. If your dog does get through one of our beds, then we recommend you stop buying them beds as it will become an expensive hobby. We have heard owners telling us stories of dogs eating through plastic beds, metal sheets, thick leather leads…. even bricks!!
However, we do offer a 90 days chew proof warranty on our Ballistic bed range. Please see here for more information.
- WHAT IS THIS WATERPROOF MATERIAL WE USE ON OUR BEDDING?[+]We use between 300 Denier and 600 Denier Fabric with PVC backing. The same material is used in some heavy duty outdoor products, such as tents and boat covers. It’s robust bust still comfortable.
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN THE BED COVERS?[+]Waterproof – That depends on how mucky it is, for minor cleaning give it a quick wipe down with a sponge or soft brush. If it’s had a rough ride, thoroughly vacuum the bed to remove excess hair,dirt and other debris. Roll a lint roller over the bed to pull away hairs that the vacuum missed. Remove the bed cover from the lined insert pillow. Wash the bed cover in the washing machine.
Wash separately from other laundry or minimally with like colours. Place the washer on delicate or gentle setting. Use a large load setting, cold water, and plenty of pet-safe laundry detergent to aid the dislodging as much pet hair and dirt as possible.
Hand wash the bed insert pillows / memory foam mattress.
Please don’t use chemical cleaners as you really don’t need to & it would invalidate your warranty.
Fabric – All the fabrics can be washed on a 30 degree wash but is susceptible to shrinking if tumble dried.
- WHOLESALE ENQUIRY[+]Dog's Life is a pet fashion accessories manufacturer and distributor based in Cape Town. We have our own clothing factory as well as our own leather factory that designs and makes our garments and collars. We are currently supplying over 600 shops in South Africa from Cape Town, Vredenburg, PE, George, Mossel Bay, Durban, Ballito, Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg, Vereeniging, Secunda, Witbank, Middleburg, Pretoria, Polokwane and Rustenburg.
If you are a shop owner or planning on opening a shop, and you would like to know more about carrying our product, please contact Venessa on 076 754 9056 or email@example.com. She will be able to help you with all your questions and sending reps to you to show you samples.
Please note that we only supply to customers that have an actual store and minimum order is required..
If non of the above helped you, don't hesitate to contact us via email or simply give us a call on 011 312 9982.